The bank working days in the UAE are typically open from Sunday through Thursday, with Friday and Saturday being bank holidays. The bank working hours in the UAE may differ, but the majority are generally open from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm, with some branches remaining open until 4:00 pm or 5:00 pm.
In this article, you will get information on the banks working days and hours in the UAE, as well as a list of banks that provide extended hours of operation, weekend services, and holiday openings.
Table of Contents
Bank working days in UAE
In the United Arab Emirates, banks are open for business from Sunday through Thursday. On Fridays and Saturdays, most banks are still closed in accordance with the national weekend.
Some Islamic banks also don’t open on Fridays so they can pray. Most transactions and operations happen between Sunday and Thursday during the banks’ designated business hours.
Bank working hours in UAE
The majority of banks in the United Arab Emirates are open from 8 am to 3 pm.
In order to better serve their clients, some banks, including Emirates NBD, Mashreq Bank, Commercial Bank of Dubai, and CBD, extend their business hours on weekdays until 5 or 6 p.m. A few banks are still open.
List of Banks in the UAE With Extended Hours of Operation
Many banks in the UAE provide after-hours access for clients who can’t visit during regular business hours. The following banks offer extended hours of operation:
- Emirates NBD: At a few of its locations, Emirates NBD offers extended hours. Some of these locations are open from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Sunday through Thursday.
- Mashreq Bank: From Sunday through Thursday, from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Mashreq Bank is open in a number of branches.
- ADCB (Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank): ADCB operates from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM, Sunday through Thursday, at some of its branches.
- Commercial Bank of Dubai: Open till 8 pm on weekdays at select locations
- Dubai Islamic Bank: Open till 7 pm Monday to Wednesday at select branches
- Ajman Bank: Open till 6 pm Monday to Wednesday at select branches
- RAKBANK: Open till 6 pm from Sunday to Wednesday at select locations
List of Banks Working on Special Holidays, Including Eid al-Fitr
In the United Arab Emirates, most banks are closed on special occasions like Eid al-Fitr. However, some banks might open a few specific branches to serve clients who require banking services over the holidays. Several banks provide services during the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Fitr, including:
- Emirates NBD
Select Emirates NBD locations are open on holidays like Eid al-Fitr and are open from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- The Mashreq Bank
During special occasions like Eid al-Fitr, Mashreq Bank may open a few branches with varying hours of operation7.
List of Bank Working Days and Hours in Dubai:
here are some of the major banks in Dubai and their typical operating hours:
- Emirates NBD: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Dubai Islamic Bank: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Mashreq Bank: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Commercial Bank of Dubai: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- HSBC Bank Middle East: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Standard Chartered Bank: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Citibank UAE: Sunday to Thursday, 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
- First Abu Dhabi Bank: Sunday to Thursday, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm
It is significant to note that the bank’s working hours in the UAE may change during the holy month of Ramadan. In order to accommodate the fasting period during Ramadan, banks may open later in the morning and close earlier in the afternoon.