Is your UAE visit visa about to run out? New amendments to the UAE’s visitor visa policy were recently implemented, allowing visitors to extend their visas twice without having to leave the country. Here’s what you need to know about UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023 if you’re planning to stay for a longer time.
Table of Contents
UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023
All forms of visit and tourist visas can be renewed for another 30 days once they have been applied for and approved by the proper authority. This can be accomplished without leaving the country.
The new extension rule, however, does not apply to the following categories:
- Visitors and tourists from the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries
- GCC nationals are accompanied by residents.
- those with special access permits.
- those with a 96-hour special mission permit.
How to apply for a visit visa extension in UAE
to apply for a visit visa extension in UAE is as follows:
App by GDRFA
- To use the GDRFA app, you must first log in.
- Open the dependent visa details in the dashboard.
- Select the Renew Residence option.
- Fill in the blanks.
- Choose a delivery method.
- Documents should be attached.
- Pay the fee.
- Wait for confirmation by SMS or email.
Federal Authority for Identity & Citizenship
- Visit the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship’s web portal.
- enter your login credentials.
- Attachments are optional.
- Submit a fee of AED 600 and a request for an extension.
Documents Required for Visit Visa Extension in the UAE
The following documents are necessary for holders of a visit visa:
- Photocopies of your passport’s front and back pages
- a photocopy of your most recent visa
- Your most recent passport size was captured on a white background.
- Your resident visa and Emirates ID must be attached (In case you have a guarantor, you need to attach their passport copies too)
Fee for UAE visit visa extension
- Each time you renew, you must pay AED 600.
- If you overstay your visa without renewing it, you will be fined AED 100 for each day that you are overstaying.
- It will be computed from the end of your grace period, which is 10 days following the expiration of your visa.
Terms and Conditions for applying for Visa Extension in the UAE
To apply for this UAE visa procedure, the applicant must meet the following conditions:
- The applicant is allowed to lawfully enter the nation.
- Any of the following visas are held by the applicant:
- Visa on arrival
- Tourist visas for 30 or 90 days are available.
- 30 or 90 days are the options. Visa with several entries
- Visa for Residency
- The visa of the applicant is still valid.
- The applicant has not broken any of the current visa’s rules or conditions.
- The applicant has not engaged in any activity or committed any crime that would result in the visa change/extension processing request being dismissed or rejected.
With UAE visit visa extension new rules 2023, visit visas can be extended for another 30 days without leaving the country twice. You can find all about these new rules and requirements in this article.
- How to check visa fine in UAE
- UAE visit visa fees for 3 months
- How to check visa cancellation status in UAE online
- UAE visa ban countries list
- Overstay fine in UAE for cancelled visa
- UAE residence visa renewal fees